Monday 18 April 2016

Process of creating CD cover

This is the process of manipulating my image and creating the CD cover.



Stage 1: First I began by manipulating the image. I began by copying the tattoo from the front cover image and placing it on to his arm on this image. As you can see I used the 'polygonal tool' to help me select the area I don't want, then when pressing on 'select', 'Inverse' it will automatically do the opposite thing and select the other areas and keep the hand (part I selected), in which I will be placing the tattoo in. After I adjusted it and curved it around his arm until it was perfect and looked real. I then copied the second tattoo and placed it on to his another arm. I did the same thing adjusted the size, rotation and placement until I found the correct place. I done this my pressing 'Ctrl T'. 
Stage 2: When I finished with the tattoos I then moved on to removing the background. I do this in the same way as my previous pictures. I used the 'polygonal tool' to select the areas I don't want and then done Inverse so it selects the other areas such as background. I done this because it saves a lot of time. I then used the 'Eraser tool' to rub out the area I selected. However I still had the thin parts around the image. It was difficult to see so for that reason I placed a black layer behind the image. As this enabled the grey background to really stand out and therefore it was easier to see and eras. I also needed to zoom in to make sure I do not rub and parts of the body. It took me quiet some time as I wanted it to be prefect.
Stage 3:When I was done removing the background I then smoothed the models face. Now I was done manipulating the image and could start creating the CD.
Stage 4: I now placed the background that I need as seen through the video. I then added the text and added effects to it. However this was not shown due to the program I was using. But you could see how the text have changed due to adding inner glow, shadow etc. This was the final part of creating my magazine. Now I need to move it into InDesign. 

Final outcome of my CD Cover


No comments:

Post a Comment