Thursday 28 April 2016

Evaluation 4

WHO WOULD BE THE AUDIENCE FOR YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT?

The audio for evaluation 4

I have produced an audience analysis for my magazine, to identify who my magazine relates to most. With this information, it was much simpler for me when constructing my music magazine together, which enabled me to appeal to my target audience more successfully, as I will be discussing in more detail in my text evaluation. Most of my decisions for my magazine came from the respondents to my survey, which gave me some stimulus for thus particular social group. It also gave me a clear idea of what my target audience like and prefer within the magazine such as the different elements and style.

As I have already included the Market segmentation, here I will be going into more detail.
Market Segmentation:
Demographic 
My magazine is mainly aimed towards people around the ages of 16-24, both equal genders therefore 50/50. As see through my questionnaire the gender of respondents where around the same amount and the age I range I chose is also the majority. This is similar to Vibe magazine. My house style also represents both genders as the colours burgundy, black and white are liked by both genders. This is also evidenced in my questionnaire as one of my questions was what colours they mostly liked, and the majority picked dark colours which are the following that I have used for my house style. The typography also supports that my magazine is aimed at both genders. They are going to be students and semi-professionals, middle working class to lower. They will need to have some sort of disposable income and will be able to afford to pay £2.99 per month for my magazine. In terms of the general registrar scale, they are likely to be within the BCD sector. They will have semi-professional jobs as I mentioned before, for example cashier, junior managers through to plumbers, etc. They will also be in part time education or employment. They need to educated, will also have a particular interest in music, especially in the artists and music I have mentioned in my magazine. Some of which are Rihanna, Usher, Beyonce, Chris Brown, Justin Timerlake, Trey Songz, Alicia Keys, The weekend, Nicik Minaj, John Ledgend and much more similar R&B artists. 
Geographic
My magazine is generally aimed around the UK and bigger cities such as London. This is because most of the concerts, content, live performances and elements included in my magazine are about the UK and will be occurring in the large cities and the UK. Also the places and venues these performances will be in my target audience will definitely be familiar with and know where they are. Not only that but most of the artist I have included in my magazine, which I have previously mentioned, such as Usher and Rihanna etc, have a heavy influence within the UK and R&B lovers. In addition, these artist are mainly appealing to my target audience, this is because they are more of the newer and younger generation, and their experimentation with R&B music. This way I am able o really attract and appeal to my target audience.  It will also be very easily for my target audience to get a hold of my magazine in London and larger countries, such as the UK, and attended concerts and events arraigned in these cities. I can support this through the cover line on my front cover '2 FREE tickets to Matt Blake's concert' which will be occurring in the UK, London.
Psychographic                                                                  
In terms of the psychographic, my readers will be a mic of main streamers and aspires. This is because they will have some disposable money to be able to buy my magazine per month, for £2.99, which is similar to Vibe magazine and even cheaper. I made it cheaper because through my questionnaire my target audience were only willing to pay no more than £4 therefore I had to keep lower than this. So for that reason I made it £2,99. They will also be mainstreams as they will be inspired by some popular styles or brands of clothing worn by a wide range of people. However, it is also likely that they can be explorers, as my magazines ideology is knowing up coming events and news about R&B artists. They will also be more likely to enjoy attending concerts and events as there social activity. 



No comments:

Post a Comment