Wednesday 13 April 2016

Final stages of Construction - Contents page

This is the final stage of the process of me creating my contents page.
These two image are R&B contents pages, the way I will be placing my text will be in a very similar way. I will be following this way of placing my information because it is very simple, which is easy to read and understand. Also the design and layout if features are very similar. Therefore following an exciting R&B magazine and changing it a little bit into my own way will enable to produce a successful and unique contents page. As seen through these two example and my previous example that I analysed and posed. None of the contents pages included an reviews category, I believe the convention is only including features and some fashion pages as I have seen a few R&B magazine with fashion pages. However I have decided to include it in mine because in my survey analysis my target audience where interested in reviews. So for that reason I decided to create a very small section on reviews as this will enable me to please my target audience and I wouldn't have gone completely against the R&B magazine convention.  

These screen shots show what I have developed in my contents page. I have added a few pages on what my magazine will include. I did not have difficulty writhing this up because I already planned what I was going to write from before. So it was very quick and easy I just needed to decided on a font and colour. For the number I made the white and the heading of the page next to it in burgundy. I just the font 'impact' again as I want it to be consistent and to stands out against the background. As I believe this is the best simple bold font. I decided on these colours because they go with the colour scheme and stand out against the background therefore is to easy and read. I then made the rest of the text in black to start off with, but after looking at it carefully I that it doesn't really look that nice and it quite difficult to read therefore, I decided to change to white. One problem was that with the white font and grey background it was still little bit hard to 

see. So for that reason I decided I should add a drop shadow and spread it a little bit out. As this will give it a black fade behind it, making it a lot easier to see. I tired it and it worked, therefore I carried on with making the rest of the text in white. When I was done decided on the main features everything else which much easier to do. Again I made sure I use the alignments lines to make sure I place everything in the correct place. The screen shots above show the process I have just explained. These screen shots on the left shows how I have developed it further by adding more information on the pages. I did the same process for all the text. 
Here I finished adding all the information for the pages. I did the same process as before. I also added the page number at to bottom. I added it in black because white wouldn't stand out or be shown against a white background. Also on the top left of the page I added the masthead name as most R&B magazine have included this in the same place. Therefore I will need to follow this conventions and place it in the same place. Even though I feel like the contrast with the title doesn't look very good, but its not about what I prefer it's about the codes and conventions of an R&B magazine. As always I used the alignment lines to adjust the the placement and make sure everything is placed in the correct place. It also enables me to makes sure the space of the right hand side is the same from top to bottom. The text does not go over the edges.  

No comments:

Post a Comment