Thursday 21 April 2016

Final stages of Construction - Double page spread

I am continuing my final stages for double page spread development.

Here is an example of an R&B double page spread that included a pull quote. As seen the pull quote is placed between the the next, in big bold font. This is to grab the audience attention and allow them to approach and read the article. It will also make them want to read the article in order to find what this pull quote is about. I will be including this in my double page spread, and will be showing it in the text screen shots. This pull quote is quite long, however in my other research I found that the pull quote needs to be short in order to engage the audience and not give them too much information so they can approach and read the article to find out more. 

I came up with three different designs. The first one I picked a font that looks a little bit like handwriting and made it italic. This is because I wanted I wanted it too like it was written down. I also added a few effects such as a shadow to make it stand out against the rest of the text. I made the colour of the shadow orange because I wanted a colour that would stand out against the background and I haven't used yet. For the second one I used 'Eras bold' font, which is the same as my masthead, I like it because it is bold which goes with the theme and R&B style. I also made it italic because I didn't want it to blend in withe the rest of the text, needed it to stand out a bit more. It also emphasises that it's been said by someone. As through my research italic text make suggest something is being said or it's a name. The colour I choose black with I gold shadow. This relates to the title and sub-heading making the theme come together. I did not choose to add a stroke because it will make it too harsh, whereas the shadow is more light. For my last design I used the same font as the second but I changed the colour. I made the colour burgundy with a black shadow. I made this as I wanted to see how it look with it being in the center of black text. I though it will also emphasises that importance as one the questions are in burgundy as the rest of the text is in black. The one I picked at the end and decided to choose is the second one. This is because I believe it is the most attractive and stands out the most. It also allows the theme colours to all come together. Not only that but the colours I used really show and represents the importance of the text. This is because I only used it for the sub-heading. One last thing I need to mention is that I decided to make the size 24pt because I wanted it to be bigger than the rest of the text so it grabs the audience attention. I also decided on placing it in the centre of the text as I have seen R&B magazines placing it in the same place, seen through the screen shot above. I also added the a few more questions. 


I have added this because it is a little hard to read on the screen shots.
In these screen shots I'm showing the final outcome and the finishing touches that I added. First I finished off adding the final questions and answers. I also made sure that all the text is lined up perfectly using the alignment lines. I then added the numbers of the pages and the CD album that I created to go with the article. I placed it at the top of the left page on the side and underneath it small text saying 'CD Album' just make sure the audience what it is. I decided it place it there because I stands out against the background and doesn't overlap the main image. I also added effects to it just as shadow. I did this in the same process I have mentioned before. The colour of the text is black with burgundy shadow, using the font 'Calibri', which is the same as my text. I did not want to use any other font because it will then make the page have too many fonts which is unprofessional. The text is also not very important therefore don't need anything to make it stand out. I made the size of the album small because I didn't want it to seem as if I am advertising it. For the page numbers I made the colour white in the font 'impact', as it is bold and will stand out against the background and the audience will be able to see it. Now I have totally finished my double page spread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment