Thursday 14 April 2016

Analysing my CD cover and existing R&B covers

While I was manipulating the image for the double page spread, I thought about creating a side cover for my double page spread. This is because in my double page spread the article is going to be an interview with the artist on my front cover and contents page and about his latest album. So for that reason I decided to create the CD and place onto the double page spread as it will link perfectly with the article. Not only that as I have seen in other music genre magazine they give out free CD's, however in my genre I am unable to do this because none of the R&B magazine do this. It is also a convention of an R&B magazine that I will need to follow. Therefore by doing this I would be able to create a CD for my audience to see but at the same time I won't be going against the conventions. 


Here are some examples of R&B music album covers. I will need to create something very similar to this as these are how R&B music albums usually look like. This will also link to the theme of magazine as the colours are burgundy, black and white, and the background this white and grey. Therefore doing something sim,liar to this will also link to my theme as it's black and white which is the same as my images. In terms of image that I will be using is the image I was going to use for my front cover (shoot 1), but I did not. It is the prefect image as through some of the research I did album images look very similar to the image I took. It is also in black and white therefore relates to the examples above and my theme.  As seen through these albums there isn't any specific font or colour used it depends on the lyrics and what the lyrics are about then the name will be designed in a typography that goes with it. The designing is fairly simple, this is similar to what I am going to be creating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment