Saturday 26 March 2016

Contents page image manipulation

FIRST IMAGE


The following screenshots will be showing how I have cropped out the background and smoothed my models faces. The process is exactly the same as my previous pages, therefore I won't be going into a lot of detail. This is because I have already explained twice in detail how I crop and smooth my pages. I started of my inserting the picture onto Photoshop. I then used the 'Polygonal tool' to select the area I need. When done I went on the 'select' category and clicked on the button 'Inverse' in order for the opposite parts to what I selected will then become selected as they are the part I don't need (background). 





This screen shot shows how the background has now been selected after I have pressed on the Inverse button. 








Third step I went on the 'Eraser tool' and then pressed on the background. This deleted part of the background that I selected. In the next screen shot I paused on cropping the background, I moved on to smoothing the face and then I got back to finishing it off.






The first step of smoothing out the face is selecting the 'Clone stamp tool'. This will enable me to take the smooth areas on his face, duplicating them and then pasting it on top of a part I don't like. For example a spot. 


The second screen shot shows me doing this and adjusting the size and hardness of the brush depending on what is easier for me and how I want it to be. 







This is the final stage for this image. I have gone back to fixing the background. In order to really have a smooth surface around the image I will need to use the 'Eraser tool' zoom in and keep adjusting the size and hardness of the brush in order to make it perfect and not rub out any parts of the model accidentally. 



This screen shot shows the final out come. 





SECOND IMAGE 
Now that I have finished going through the process of me manipulating the first image, I will do the same for the second image of the contents page. Here I am going to be explaining how I removed the background, changed the image into black and white and added the heart shape.

Step 1- I first began by placing the image on to Photoshop.I need zoomed in on the hand so I was able to see it perfectly. I began by going on to the 'Polygonal tool' and selecting all the areas I don't want. Therefore I slowly started to go around the hand an selecting the areas. I know the hand is the part I will need but for the second screen shot I will be showing and explaining why I did this. 
Step 2- I went on the 'select category and clicked on the 'inverse' button. This will then inverse everything I selected with the part I did not select which is the background. I done this because it is much faster and easier for me then taking a very long time to slowly select the background as it's a large area. 
Step 3- This screen shot shows me removing all the background. I done this by selecting the 'Eraser tool' then adjusting the size and hardness of the brush. I made the both the size and brush very high as to enable me to rub everything of quickly. 
Step 4- This screen shot is showing how the image looks after I have finished removing all the background. 
Step 5- I moved the hand and placed it with the image of the model (artist), and began to adjust the side and rotating it till I got the prefect placement. I done this by pressing 'Ctrl T'. 
Step 6- I went on the 'Image' category the 'Adjustment' and click one 'black and white'. I wanted to turn the image to black and white because it will need to blend in with the image of the artist. As leaving it the way it is won't look good and the hand will take away the focus from the artist and the audience won't really understand what is meant behind it. 
Step 7- I adjusted the colours to make sure I get the same black and white shade as the image of the artist. This is because I want to look the same a close enough to actually making it seem as if the hand was actually there. 
Step 8- I finally just needed to add a few effects such as drop shadow to make it stand out a little more and won't look to flat, it will also remove any sharp edges. I done this a little different to what I normally do as this is Photoshop and not InDesign. In that case I done this by right clicking on the layer and clicking on 'blending options', I then got a pop up with all the effects I could add. 

Step 1-I began by going on the shapes above and then the arrow and selecting shapes. This allowed me to look at more shapes. 
Step 2- I then selected the heart shape that I needed, and drew in on the image. 
Step 3- I then selected the shape and changed the colour of it to dark red this is because red is normal associated with love and hearts are represented with the colour read. I used the dark red because my theme is dark red (burgundy). I did not make it black and white as I wanted it to stand out and grab the audience attention. This is because it will link to the double page spread article, which is little bit about love and music. 
Step 4- Shows how the heart looks after changing the colour. 
Step 5- I moved the heart to where I want to place it, which is inside the women's hand. I the started to adjust the side and rotate the heart in order for it to fit her hand perfectly, so it looks like she was holding it. 
Step 6- I starting adding a few affects so it stand out and as always doesn't look flat on the page. As the audience will instantly be able to tell the shape was drawn on and the women wasn't holding it. I done this in the same way as I explained above. 
Step 7-Shows how the image looks after I completely finished manipulating it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment