Monday 14 March 2016

Choosing the pictures for all my pages


FRONT COVER IMAGE
In my previous post I posted all the pictures and different photo shoots I did and commented briefly on each of them. Now in this post I am going to explain in detail why I have decided to pick out each picture and what I will be editing about it. This is the picture I have chosen for my front cover. I liked his image because it fits well with my genre. This image suits the R&B style perfectly. This is due to the costume, position and props I have used.the chain, watch and bracelets used really emphasis the R&B style, as I have seen in existing R&B magazines while analysing. It also links to my target audience (16-24 years old), as they tend to like these types of jewellery especially men. As well as costume I decided to go for something really simple yet will stand out and represents the R&B music theme. So for that reason I choose to go with this black T-shirt because through my research I saw a lot of R&B artists dressed in a very similar way. In addition, the black colour will allow the image to stand out as I will edit the background making it shades of white, not only that but through my survey most of my target audience wanted the colour scheme to be dark colours therefore I decided to choose black for the clothing as the colour of the masthead will look prefect with it. Also when looking through my other photo shoots this costume was the most suitable and people were able to instantly tell the magazine had the R&B style. In terms of pose and lighting I have decided to choose this pose because it makes the model look confident, brave and will dominate the front cover which is mostly associated with R&B men. I used direct address because this will grab the audience attention and will create a feeling of interaction between them. Moving on to the lighting I love the black and white theme as it really makes the detailing and features of the model stand out. This will also look really nice with the colour scheme which I am considering it to be burgundy, white and black. The images for my magazine will also go with the theory of Jacques Lacan 'I-deal I or I-deal self'' meaning the viewers would want to look like the model used. 

In terms of editing, I am planning to change the background to white and grey. This is because it will make the model really stand out and it is simple therefore the cover lines will also stand out and it won't look too busy. I will also smooth out the models face slightly just make sure it will really stand out and will look prefect when placing it onto InDesign. Finally, I am going to Photoshop a tattoo onto the model arm, this will really make the model look like an R&B artist as through my research most R&B artists had tattoos. These is one example of Chris Brown. I am going to do all these editing features on Photoshop and then place the image on InDesign, this is because Photoshop will enable me to do all these feature easily on Like InDesign.

CONTENTS PAGE IMAGES                                                         
This is the image I will be using for my contents page, however I will still be editing another image on to it. I have chosen this image over all the other picture because this is the one that was most suitable and and looked the best. My plan was to take the image with the hand of the women across his chest. However while I was taking the images I cam across a  problem, which was that the women was shorter than the model making it difficult for her to place her arm. At the same time I did not want her face or body to show, so she could not stand up straight either. So for that reason, it was too difficult for her to be able to place her arm on him easily and for her arm to look relaxed. He was also unable to stand up straight like I wanted. Therefore I then decided I would take a few images with her hand and other without, then on Photoshop I will edit them both and place her arm on the normal image. So this is my first image. I have decided to do this photo shoot because it links to the double page spread and will give the audience an idea about the cover story. This is because the cover story will include something about love and a women. This is symbolised by the hand and the red heart and the suit gives it the overall look. The costume I have chosen is the artist dressed in classic and professional clothing. This is because I wanted my audience to see the other side of R&B as I ave seen this done my many R&B magazine therefore I thought I would do the same but change it up a bit that it would link to my double page spread. The image is in black and white as it follows the theme and gives it the classical look. I made the model wear a watch as this is a prop and still has that R&B touch to it. Also the white shirt brings out the suit as it is all black, not making it too plain. The pose of the model (hands in his pocket) makes him look relaxed and confident about him self. This image will attract my target audience as they won't be bored of seeing the artist in the same style. 

For the editing I am going to edit the background, so I'm able to add the background I want. I will also be smoothing his face slightly like my previous picture. I may also change the contrast a little bit just to make it look perfect. This is all I will be doing to this image, however it is not done as I will need to place the arm and heart (shape) on his shoulder.

This is the second image for my contents page which is the hand. For this image I took it in colour because it will be easier for me to change it to the right contrast and tone of black and white as my other image.

In terms of editing I will be cutting out everything and just leaving the hand and adjusting it so it fits perfectly on to the models body. I will also be adding the heart into the women's hand on Photoshop. I am do other adjustments while photo-shopping the image. 








DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD IMAGES
This is the picture I picked out for my double page spread. I have decided on choosing this picture before I liked it most and was the most suitable out of all my other images. In terms of props I have included a chain, skull necklace and bracelet. I have decided on these props because they suit best with R&B music style. I didn't pick out any with the microphone or headphones because the images didn't look very good and the props didn't suits much with R&B and the same goes for my other pages. The costume is very simple black jumper. I chose the same colour as my front page and contents page but different style because I wanted everything to be consistent and links to each other. The pose of the model allows him to look dominant as he is leaning forward and his hands together, but at the same time relaxed due to him sitting on a chair. I have used direct address again because I want the audience to interact with the artist and it will grab the audience attention as it will look like he is looking and speaking to them. The image is in black and white as I want all my three pages to have similar features in order for it to look consistent and professional. The location I took this image in is drama this is because the media studio was full throughout the whole week and I did not want to waste my time therefore I did it in drama as they have good lighting as well. 

As for editing, I am going to edit the background and find more professional and suitable background that goes with the image. I will then smooth his face as I did for all my other images, just to make sure it looks clear and stands out. Finally, I will add a black colour to where the chair is supposed to be, so he doesn't look like hes is floating but sat on something. I do not want to keep the chair showing because that will look unprofessional and wont look good with the background I want to pick out later on. 

This is the second image for my double page spread. I will be photo-shopping these two pictures together. I decided to pick out this image over the normal picture without the black tights because this will look really good with the black and white image of the artist. The contrast will look really nice as the other one it will look quite odd and may take the focus away from the main model (artist). I also decided to get the model to wear heels and dress in such away because this will make her look more desirable and provocative, as this goes with the theory of John Berger 'Men look, women appear' meaning women are being objectified. This links very with R&B as through my research I found that women are normally objectified in R&B magazines. 

In terms of editing, I am going to first start by editing the background and cutting off the top part of her and just keeping her legs with out the shorts. This is because I don't want the shorts to distract the whole image as they aren't black. I will then place this image on top of the model to make it look as if this women is walking towards him or standing in front of him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment